If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, February 16, 2015

God's Church can be our extended family for "loving one another"

Sometimes, circumstances require us to live, geographically, far away from our birth family.  God has provided a group of His followers to fill in that gap. His local church family can be an atmosphere of giving and receiving and loving one another. They are like-minded as we are in their beliefs. Being taught from the Word of God, looking out for each other and loving one another is the norm. There are trustworthy members around for you to call on when you are troubled, lonely, sick or when you want to share with someone your good news and blessings.

Hebrews 10:24, 25 – “And let us consider one another to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”

As a missionary in the 1970’s and the 1980’s , I personally experienced living far away from my own family for 12 years.  I kept in touch with them weekly by telephone.  I was also able to fly to be with them on special occasions and holidays.  There was no “SKYPE’ invented at that time.  Meanwhile, God provided me with a local church family.  We became fast friends and 40 years later, we still keep in touch.

I returned to Ohio 25 years ago and have been a member of my current church family ever since. Once I am planted, I stay put.  There is a sense of security and belonging in a solid commitment.  I would highly recommend to everyone to do the same.

Thank you for reading this,

Great Granny Witt  

No comments:

Post a Comment