If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, April 20, 2015

The Wonders of God's Nature - Sunny, Rainy, Clear, or Stormy Days

In 1930, when I was a young child, some mothers disciplined their children by threatening them with punishment from the weather, specifically a thunder and lightening  electrical storm.  If we had been misbehaving and/or disobedient, we were terror stricken.  We had been told by our moms that God would strike us down by lightening.  This threat quickly transformed us from normal child behavior to a facade of angelic behavior.  This fear of storms stayed with me until I became a mother.  I was determined that my little girl was not going to be afraid of storms.  Whenever a storm was brewing, I would pick her up and we would both look out the window.  When we heard a rumble of thunder, she would giggle and say, "Look!  here comes the pretty light".  It became a fun game for us and somewhere along the way, I personally forgot to be afraid and began to enjoy the weather.  I also came to the realization that God does not want us to be fearful at all of anything or anybody.

Psalm 34: vs. 4 "I sought the Lord and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

If you know someone who seems to be living in a state of fear or anxiety, feel free to share this devotional with them.  Also pray this above scripture for them and ask God to free them from their fears.  I know this works.  I've been there, done this. Now, as a mature Christian, I know the weather is a gift from God.

The following Scriptures confirm this:
 
Matthew 5: vs. 45 - " That you may be sons of your father in heaven for
He made His sun rise on the evil and good, and sends rain on
the just and on the unjust."

Hebrews 6: vs. 7 - "For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for  those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God."

That of the most worth in my life today is my relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Second is my close relationship with my loving family and my church family.  Last, but not least, is my great concern for those I know and love who have not set aside a place for Jesus in their lives.  I pray for their salvation daily.

Thank you for reading this,

Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment