If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Take your divine appointments seriously

Being in the right place at the right time to bless someone in need is not necessarily a coincidence.  I believe these meetings are arranged by God Himself, and we call these divine appointments.   We need to have a clear knowledge of God’s Word.  That will enable us to bring to mind the scriptures that cover each and every particular situation.

A very vivid example of this stands out in my memory.  A few years ago, I was returning home from a visit with my sister in Sacramento, California.  My original flight missed its connection in Denver. I was transferred to another flight on a different airline.  This was no doing of my own.  A man from New England sat next to me.  He said he was returning home from his mother’s funeral in San Francisco and it seemed to comfort him to talk about her death. Before he sat down next to me, I had been reading my Bible and it was in my lap.  He asked questions about what the Bible said about eternity.  I gave him a Bible tract, which explained how Jesus was the only Way to eternal life.  He said he had never heard that and asked me if he could keep the booklet and study it further when he arrived home.  I also shared with him what a great impact Jesus had on my life as a widow.  I never saw him again but I thanked the Lord that He had given me an opportunity to tell this stranger about Jesus.

God has given me many more opportunities to tell others about Jesus and His Great Salvation.

John 3: 16-18 – “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.  He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

I praise the Lord that He has given me opportunities to tell others about Him.  It was 42 years ago this month that I committed my own life to Christ.  His blessings and benefits since then have been endless. Maybe there is a divine appointment in your future for you to share your faith in and love of Jesus.

Thank you for reading this,

Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment