If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Maturing in a Godly Manner with Gratitude and Grace:The birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus becomes our salvation

The most important event in a Christian’s life is when he or she believes that Jesus died for them personally when He took their sins with Him to the Cross. He died for all of mankind and we are a part of that group.

Last year, on “Good Friday”, I was watching a film, on TV of the crucifixion of Jesus.  It was very real and intense.  When I saw how they whipped His back until it  bled and then they pounded the crown of thorns into his scalp until His blood ran down over his face, I had to turn off the TV because I was weeping real tears when I realized my personal sins were being covered by His blood.  Jesus, the Son of God actually died to cover our sins with His blood.  The magnitude of His Sacrifice is mind boggling.  To be loved that much by someone, how can we not love Him as much as He loved us?

We praise the Lord for who He is and who we are because He died for us in our place.  And because He lives, we can face tomorrow.  Our chains are gone!  We have been set free!  Our Lord, Our God has rescued us not just for now, but for all of eternity.

This is the 43rd year I will be able to celebrate His Great Gift of Salvation.  My daughter was the first one in our family to learn and believe that all of our “good works” could not save our souls.  She couldn’t wait to share this with her mother and everyone else she knew.  Praise the Lord for her persistent witnessing to me and many others.  The Lord then sent me on my own personal journey to spread His Good News to many others.  Even though I retired from the work place at age 90, my spiritual witnessing goes on in my Devotional writings.  Have you thought about this?  If someone saves your physical life, it only lasts until your physical death.  When Jesus saves your soul, it goes on with you into eternity and beyond.

Praise God Our Father who sent His Son, Jesus to be born on earth.  Our greatest worth on earth is our relationship with Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior.  Four things had to happen and they did. Jesus was born on earth, died on earth, was resurrected and ascended back into heaven.  He reigns there with God Our Father and His Holy Spirit dwells within us.  This is the “Greatest Story Ever Told” because, Praise the Lord, it is true.  What Jesus, Himself, said to Thomas in John 14:6 dispels any myths about other ways to get to heaven.

 “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”  

I pray during this Easter Season, we will all remember who we are in Christ and what it  took for Him to break down the barrier that was keeping us from coming to God Our Father.

Thank you for reading this,

Great Granny Witt

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Such wisdom. Blessings as you celebrate the beautiful gift wrapped in the resurrection. You are absolutely right. We can't earn it, it's a gift that we must just receive.

    ReplyDelete