If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Hope for the Future

I want to wish all the mothers out there a belated happy Mother’s Day. 

As always what is on my heart is the eternal destiny of those I love. I am sure you feel the same way. If we have assurance they have given their lives to Christ then we have a hope that not only will we see them again, but we can grieve as those who have hope.

My dear sister went to be with the Lord a few months ago and I have the confidence that I will see her again in eternity.  She had moved from to Ohio to California (the so called by many “the land of promise”) over 50 years ago.  On one of my visits to California, I had the opportunity to share with her the crucial meaning to us of the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  John 3:15, & 3:16 “that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”  She had heard these Scriptures but never thought they applied to her personally. Praise God, she finally accepted the gift of salvation through Jesus!

Thinking about my future reunion with my sister in eternity inspired me to write the following poem. I pray this will also help others who have buried a loved one.

Calm and peace prevail each day,
As we walk with Jesus along the way.
His death guarantees our eternal destination,
To be with Him and others who share His salvation.

No worries or cares, nor darkness of night,
Will cast a shadow on His Great Light.
Imagine walking on streets that are gold,
That we will actually  behold.

Nothing, nor no one, on earth can compare,
With what we will experience when we arrive there.
It is not a place to dread,
But, to look forward to instead.

We can finally say,  with my soul  “All is Well”
In our eternal home where we will dwell.
Again to see those we love, who have gone before,
And to be with them forever more.

I have solace in knowing that my loved ones who have died,
Will one day again walk with me in eternity, side by side.

The following  Scriptures gave me peace and hope during my period of mourning for my sister:

2 Corinthians 5:8 – “We are confident; yes, well pleased to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.”

1 Corinthians 15:55 – “O’ Death, where is your sting? “  1 Corinthians 15:57 – “But thanks to be God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”  

Praise the Lord that this same Jesus who blesses us and cares for us now, is the same Jesus who we will be with us and our loved ones for all eternity!

Thank you for reading this,


Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment