If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Specific Scriptures for Specific Situations

Forty one years ago, as a new follower of Jesus Christ,I quickly learned that every aspect of my life was covered by a scripture relating to what was going on in my life at that time.  As I literally lived this out and allowed God to show me His solution to any problem as it arose, these scriptures were added to my daily prayer time.  They are still relevant today.  I am blessed with the opportunity to share them with you.  

We all go through periods when we are doubting, fearful and worrisome.  They all seem to sum up the message from Psalm 37: "Do not worry, Do not fret,  Commit your ways  to the Lord."    
                    
Romans 8:28 – “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His Purpose.”
 
Lack of trust in God and uneasy about the future:  

Psalm 112:7 – “He shall not be afraid of evil tidings, his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.”  Result: You can always trust God to only allow what is best for you.
 
Worrying about something that you have no control over:

Isaiah 26:3 – “Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”  Result:  You can let go and let God take care of the problem.
 
Fearful of someone or something:

Psalm 34:4 – “I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all of my fears.”

II Timothy 1:7 – “For God does not give us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind.”  

Result:  Pray and ask the Lord to provide  His protection in this situation and believe that He will.
 
To overcome a sin pattern in your life, such as a Critical Spirit in speech and thoughts:

Psalm 19:14 – “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O, Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.”  

Psalm 94:11 – “The Lord knows the thoughts of man.  That they are futile.”
 
As we enter into this new year not knowing what our future holds, may we embrace this spiritual advice from the Word of God in our hearts and minds and in our actions.  

Matthew 10:16 – “Behold I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves.  Therefore, be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.”
 
Thank you for reading this.
Granny Witt        

1 comment: