If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Your Final Journey! Have you made your reservations?

Years ago, my husband and I decided to take a quick week-end “get away trip” to Niagara Falls.  Relatives volunteered to take care of our baby girl.  We were sure one of the many hotels would have a room for us.  Upon our arrival, we discovered that all of the rooms were booked!  It was a 4th of July week-end.  Our choices were to sit in a hotel lobby near the check-in desk in case someone with a reservation was a “no show”, a cancellation was called in, or we could sleep in our car in the parking lot.  We chose the lobby and several hours later they had a cancellation.  We then decided to reserve that room for two nights.  A “no brainer” or a lesson learned?
 
Many people today are heading for eternity with no reservations, thinking that their good works will get them into heaven. But to have eternal life you must believe in, trust in, rely on and cling to Jesus Christ.
 
John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”    

This verse also implies that whoever does not believe in Him shall perish and have everlasting death.  Jesus Himself further explains this to Thomas in John 14:6 - 

“I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.” 

Matthew 6:33 gives us this advice:  

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.”  

You need to turn from your sin and commit your life to Christ and follow Him to be saved. If you have never felt the need to do this, it is not too late!
 
How to receive Christ: 
    1. Admit your need. (That you are a sinner)
    2. Be willing to turn from your sins.(Repent)
    3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
    4. Through prayer invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit.
 
What to pray:
    Dear God,
    I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness.
    I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins.
    I am now willing to turn from my sins.
    I now invite Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Savior.
    I am willing, by God’s strength, to follow and obey Jesus Christ as the Lord of my life.
 
If you sincerely asked Jesus Christ to come into your life the Bible says:  

1 John 5:11-13 – “And this is the testimony:  God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; and he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.  I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that  you have eternal life.”
 
Reservation Confirmed!

Thank you for reading this.
Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment