If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Complete Trust in God Brings His Peace

I used to think that, normally, Psalm 23 was to be read during the eulogy at a funeral service to assure the family and friends of the deceased that their loved one is in a better place.  But, after studying each verse and thinking about what  God was saying to us about trusting Him, I realized He was confirming that we could be in a better place spiritually while we are still alive.  His care for us is the same on earth as in eternity, IF WE COMPLETELY TRUST IN HIM!  

This phrase “in the presence of my enemies” in verse 5, seems to say that unbelievers are watching you to see how God is taking care of you and how you are responding and sharing these blessings.  We are a living example of how God provides for us and it is important that we tell others and that we be sure to give God the credit.  

Psalm 105:1 “O, Give thanks to the Lord!  Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the people.”  

As a young Christian, while living in Florida, here is an example of this from my own life.  I heard  a young mother praying for financial help at a prayer meeting I attended.  Her husband had left her for another woman.  Before the husband left her, this mother had laid away some Christmas gifts for her children at a local “Big Box Store” and was going to have to have the gifts put back in stock because she was now unable to pay for them.  I listened to her story and realized I had the means to bless her anonymously.  I went to the store and paid cash for her layaway to be sure I remained anonymous.  My husband had died recently and I was still expecting to have to pay some of his final medical costs.  The layaway total was $100.00.  When I received his final medical statement, it was $100.00 less than I expected to pay.  I realized the Lord had replaced the money I had spent.  

When my husband died, a Christian friend had referred me to Psalm 146: 9 –

”The Lord watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow; But the way of the wicked He turns upside down”.  

I did not make up this story.  It was this answer to prayer that confirmed to me that there is no situation that is not covered by a scripture.  I also learned that if you put your complete trust in the Lord, knowing He is providing for you,and is protecting you and yours, then His peace will prevail.  That was many years ago, and God is still taking care of this widow  and blessing me every day.  

My Scripture prayer daily and for this lesson is: 

 “Isaiah 26:3 “You  will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.”  

This gently reminds me Who provides me with everything I need and Who protects me and mine and Who to thank for both.  The results are heavenly:  His Perfect Peace.

Thank you for reading this,

Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment