If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Maturing in a Godly Manner: From Arrogance to Humility

* Granny is recovering at home after a recent unexpected hospital stay for pneumonia and gallstones. 

During my current serious illness I have been experiencing some fear and depression and lack of faith and hope. To renew my faith and hope and trust in my Lord and Savior, I looked for all the Scriptures on healing. The following Scriptures give me a peace and solace.


Psalm 6:2 - Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak. O Lord, heal me for my bones are troubled.

Psalm 103:3 - [He] forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.

Psalm 143:1-4; 7-8 - Hear my prayer, O Lord, give ear to my supplications. In Your faithfulness answer me and in Your righteousness do not enter into judgement with Your servant. For in Your sight no one living is righteous....Answer me speedily, O Lord, my spirit fails. Do not hide Your face from me lest I be like those who go down into the pit. Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust. Cause me to know the way in which I should walk.

Matthew 13:15 - For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing and their eyes they have closed. Lest they see with their eyes and hear with their ears; lest they should understand with their hearts and turn so that I should heal them.

Luke 4:18 - Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind. To set at liberty those that are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luke 4:23 - He said to them, "He will surely say this proverb to Me, 'Physician, heal Yourself. Whatever we have heard done in Capernaum do also here in Your country.'"

I find I have much more in common with King David than I ever would have imagined. Like David, I have been blessed mightily ever since I believed in Jesus. When I became ill I felt that somehow I deserved it because I had displeased God. I had always taken God's blessings for granted and expected to be exempt from any troubles of this world. I felt like God had let me down when I got so ill. I found out God does not bless us because we earned it, but because we love Him and He loves us. I praise the Lord that I am one of His children and have a special place in His heart as He has in my heart. Praise the Lord, He has humbled me!

Thank you for reading this.

Granny Witt









1 comment:

  1. You give me such hope. We are never too old to learn something new. Praying each day that you will be stronger and able to manage your new normal.

    ReplyDelete