If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, December 1, 2014

A Thanksgiving Afterthought

Before entering into the Christmas Holiday Season, I would like to conclude the Thanksgiving Mode with another situation to be thankful for that most would rather ignore or bypass. It is Romans 8:28 –

“And we know that ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”   

Also Ephesians 5:20 –

“Giving thanks always for ALL THINGS unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”   

Have you ever thought of thanking God for a circumstance in your life that was neither pleasant nor joyful?  Did you ask Him, at that time, to teach you some good things  in that particular situation?Something good can come of everything  that happens to us, if we seek God and ask Him to show us what it is.

Let me learn from you, Dear Lord, the things you are willing to teach.
Let my mind be open to grasp the truths within my reach.
Then I can truly be thankful, even when things seem bad.
And I can truly be joyful instead of feeling sad.

Thank you for letting me share these thoughts with all of you.

Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment