If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Peace in the Here and Now

Psalm 23:2 – “He makes me to lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside the still waters.”

Psalm 23:6 – "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Have you ever been in a peaceful place where the whole atmosphere is calm and serene?  I have. As a missionary I attended a convention in the mountains of Colorado.  On a very hot day, a small group of us ventured out to find a calm, cool spot.  Along one of the rural roads we spotted a mountain stream. We sat on a large flat rock with our bare feet dangling down into the water.  It was so quiet and we could hear the water flowing. We were experiencing the peace of Psalm 23:2. We returned to our meetings rested and refreshed.

Sleep also brings peace to our lives.

Psalm 4:8 – “I will both lie down in peace and sleep; for you alone O Lord, make me to dwell in safety.” 

If you put your complete trust in the Lord, knowing He is providing for you and is protecting you and yours, then His Peace will prevail.

Philippians 4:4-7 – “Rejoice in the Lord always.  Again I will say rejoice!  Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

My Scripture prayer daily and for this lesson is:

Isaiah 26:3 – “Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts in You.”

This gently reminds me Who provides me with everything I need and Who protects me and those He has trusted me to care for, and Who to thank for both.  The results are heavenly: His Perfect Peace in the Here and Now!    

Thank you for reading this.
Granny Witt

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us, Granny. The Scripture is the foundation but your words add a gracious touch.
    May the Lord bless you for your generosity. Amen

    ReplyDelete