If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Maturing in Godly Manner with Gratitude and Grace, “ Do not ever stop depending on your faith and trust in God to rely on your own fragile humanness “


I have had a very unnerving experience this past week that I have never had before.  Most of my adult life I have been healthy.  But, with no warning, no headache, nor any other symptoms, or so I thought, I was taken to the hospital and diagnosed as having a stroke. My daughter told me that my face on the left side was indeed drooping and my speech was slurred.  I was admitted and given many tests.  The test I dreaded the most was an M.R.I.  When I am in an enclosed area, I am very claustrophobic.   I prayed and asked the Lord to give me the courage to endure what was necessary for the doctors to diagnose what caused my stroke.  The nurse sensed my fear and gave me a sedative to calm my fears and nerves.  I was able to enter the machine and have the test with no fear or trauma.  

Four days later, after numerous other tests, I was discharged to go home and have a health care worker come to my home for a few weeks.

I have to remind myself that I have to be a Godly example to others and live out my complete faith and trust in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  He has been faithful to me for the past 42 years in many other difficult situations and has never let me down.  I pray that my faith and trust in Him is still strong enough to help me win this current battle with no worry, doubt nor fear.  I never want to willingly let him down.

Since this coming July I will reach the ripe, old age of 92, the following scriptures are more realistic and applicable than they ever were before.

Matthew 7:7 – “Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

Psalm 34:4 – “I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all of my fears.”

Psalm 90:10-17 - “The days of our lives are seventy years, and if by reason of strength, they are eighty years; yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; For it is soon cut off and we fly away.
“So teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom. 
“And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands.”
Psalm 91:1 – “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress. My God, in Him I will trust. “

I pray that in the days I have left in my life to serve My God, He will be able to use me to tell many others about how important it is to walk hand in hand with Jesus by our side in Spirit and in Truth.

Thank you for reading this,


Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment