If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Maturing in a Godly Manner with Gratitude and Grace:Contentment in Christ in a Crisis

As I continue to recover from my  recent health adventure, I am accepting the fact that while the present happenings in my life are outwardly chaotic  I can have an inner peace and contentment in Christ at the same time.  I find solace in the following scriptures:  

Philippians 4:6-8 - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.


This results in  the confidence I attain in verse 13 –

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” 

Just as a positive attitude produces positive results, a negative attitude produces a hopeless feeling or despair. I praise the Lord for giving me the common sense to choose the hope that only He can guarantee.  What a great privilege to have a Savior  to guide us who is perfect in every way.  

Proverbs 3:5-6 says it all – 

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.”  

For the past 42 years, I have sought and followed His directions and He has never steered me the wrong way; nor have I ever thought that “doing my own thing” was an option for me. When you come to a crossroads in your life most people would not choose the rocky, bumpy way with many detours over a smooth straight path.  Jesus assured Thomas in John 14: 6 by telling him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.”  

As you walk through your life with Jesus by your side, your final destination will be to spend eternity with Him and God the Father.  God allows each of us to make our own decision during our lifetime on where we will choose to spend our eternal life.  Every now and then stop and check where your life is heading.  Prayerfully, you will be going in the right direction.   If not, there is still time to  turn around and let Jesus direct your paths. You can learn how to have peace with God here.
Thank you for reading this,
Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment