If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Maturing in a Godly Manner with Gratitude and Grace: Lessons learned from trials and tribulations

A trial is a test of faith.  A tribulation is a trying experience. It is possible to turn an annoyance into a blessing by being thankful and grateful for it.  I have been healthy and medicine free most of my adult life.  Now, because of my recent stroke, I have had to be on a strict medicine schedule.  This has dropped my patience level down several degrees.  I have finally come to my senses and realize that my complete recovery will occur much sooner because these medicines have been made available to me.  Now my attitude is one of gratitude and not impatience.  I know as a follower of Jesus, that this temporary bump on the road to recovery will not weaken my faith and trust in My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I believe it will be used to strengthen my faith and trust in Him.  

I am a firm believer in Romans 8:28-31 -

 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who are the called, who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. What then shall we say to these things?  If God is for us, who can be against us?”  

What a fantastic privilege as a believer in Jesus to have instant access to God,Our Father, at any time of the day or night and wherever we might be.  He will show us the way.  As Jesus said to Thomas in John 14:6 -

“I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.”  

The following scriptures have helped  me to change my perspective from annoyance to gratitude:

Luke 8:11 -  “Now the parable is this:  The seed is the word of God.”  verse 15, “But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.”  

I Thessalonians 1:3- “Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father.”  

I Timothy 6:11 – “But you, O man of God, flee thee things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.”  

James 1:2,3,4 – “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials. knowing that
the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” 

John 6: 28, 29 – “Then they said to Him, “What should we do, that we may work the works of God?” Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.” 
 
If per chance, someone is reading this devotional who has never accepted Jesus as their personal Savior, consider  John 3:16  -

”For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”   

Believe what it says and you will become a new believer.
 
Thank you for reading  this,
 
Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment