If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Maturing in a Godly Manner with gratitude and grace: Letting problems lead to intolerance of others!

My intolerance of others comes to the forefront again.  I thought I had overcome this sin pattern from my high school days, but obviously not!  I have again found out that my arrogance can breed intolerance.  

My recent medical problems resulted in my almost continuous contact with personnel in the medical field.  There were many incidents where they billed me personally for medical fees already covered and reimbursed by my Health Insurance Company.  I expected them to do their jobs efficiently.  I had accumulated a large stack of bills sent to me in error before my insurance company had received the original bills which they would have paid in full.  I became a very unhappy patient and the many phone calls back and forth confirmed that to the medical insurance workers.  My attitude was that I was literally performing their tasks for them because they were incompetent.  I was not using wisdom to solve the problem as the following scriptures advise.

Proverbs 8:12, 13 – “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, which is “skill and good judgment in the use of resources”. 

I was being prideful which is too much self esteem, and arrogance which is an overbearing manner.  When I finally calmed down and agreed with their solutions, we developed a good working relationship.  In no time, all of their financial errors were corrected.  My knowing that there is scriptural advice to cover any given problem, I often wonder why I still try it my way before I succumb to God’s Way.  As in Isaiah 55:8,9 – 

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways, My ways”, says the Lord, “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.”  

My new motto must surely be – First, take it to the Lord in prayer or you might not get anywhere on your own!  Praise the Lord, He is always ready to answer.  It is our duty to always ask Him for advice before we stumble around in the darkness.  He is able to open doors of opportunity, if only we will ask.  Praise the Lord that He is always there to listen to us and take care of all of our needs.  I hope I have now learned everything He has taught me through this experience, so I don’t have to take this test over again.
 
Thank you for reading this,
 
Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment