If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Maturing in a Godly Manner with Gratitude and Grace: We have new opportunities each day to pray for those in need.

Each morning, before I set down with my Bible for my quiet time, I check my inbox for church emails to see who is requesting prayer for a special need that day.  I lift them and their request up to God in prayer.  It seems that frequently, later in the day, they express their gratitude and thankfulness for His answer.  It is good to be a part of this prayer group as described in James 5:16.

“Pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”  

As an example, my whole church family was praying for my recovery from a stroke.  Their prayers were answered and I am home now and am  on the way to a complete recovery.  Praise the Lord for prayer warriors!  They help us win the battle against our enemy.  They also encourage us with hope.  

It is very comforting to me when I lift up in prayer individually all of my family members by name each day and ask this of God, Our Father:  “Please put Your loving arms around each of us and protect us from all harm, all personal harm, and all of the elements and of all damage.  I pray Your Grace will be sufficient for all of us, spiritually, emotionally and physically, this day and this night, wherever we might be and whatever we are doing." 

I place these requests from my heart into His Hands, which is a place of safety, security, blessings, love and hope!  There is no better place to be while we are still on this earth, until He takes us home to be with Him for eternity!
 
Thank you for reading this,
 
Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment