If you would like to receive The Granny Grams each week, please send an email to gfamof7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Maturing in a Godly Manner with Gratitude and Grace-"Do the next thing and Do It Now!"

We are now into day 11 of this new year.  Only Our Lord knows what the future holds. Do not procrastinate, which means to   “put off” intentionally something that should be done now.  Because of my writing, everywhere I look in my home there are stacks of paper, waiting for me to file them away in my file cabinet.  That is my “next thing to do”.  I have to be determined not to put off this task because it is the next thing to do.

Matthew 6:34 – “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. “

In the past, when my husband was still alive, the chore I  disliked the most was to starch and iron his white dress shirts.  I decided to do that chore first and the rest seemed easy.  “Out of sight and out of mind was my M.O. then.  That is still applicable today.  To practice what I preach, I am going to pause in my writing and file away all the papers into my filing cabinet.  That was my “next thing to do” and it is done now.  What a relief to have a neat and uncluttered space to live in.  My advice today is “Don’t put off unpleasant jobs.  Just finish them and forget about them.

Thank you for reading this,
Great Granny Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment